Skip to main content

Organizational Philosophy


Our family moved to a new home a little over a year ago.  I'm the guy that slows down while packing or unpacking because of a fascinating folder that is begging for me to read through it.  I happened to stumble across my PDP (Professional Development Program) folder from Simon Fraser University.  Within it I found my 'Philosophy of Education' statement.  I was actually a bit... surprised?... to see how bold I had been about my Christian faith having included scriptural references in the document.  The philosophy statement still rings true to me 20 years later:

An organization is filled with many different roles.  Regardless of where the role is listed on the company's Org Chart, each role has value and importance in order for the organization to be as strong as it possibly could be and ought to be heard and treated with respect


Take the human body as a picture of how this works.  Imagine the head saying to the neck, "I don't need you because you're not as important as me".  How would the head turn to the right or the left?  What if the leg said to the foot, "I don't need you!"  How would the body move from A to B?  If this sounds familiar, it comes directly from the Word of God, 1 Corinthians 12:12-27 where a picture is created of how the Body of Christ should function. For exceptional team successes, the parts must respect each other!

So... to the staff, students, parents, alumni and supporters of MEI


Each of you plays an important and highly valued role in making MEI the great school that it is! Your voice matters! Thanks for all that you do as an Eagle.  #ForeverEagles #WeAreAllEagles

Comments