If the grass seems greener somewhere else, it’s likely because someone is watering it.
I heard this quote for the first time this spring:
“The grass is always greener where you water it” (Unknown)
This quote really made me think!
- Where is the grass greenest in my life?
- Which areas in my life are of highest priority as evidenced by my investments?
- Am I consistently watering the same areas at the expense of others?
- Is it possible that without priorities and strategy in the mix, all of the grass could die?
It sounds obvious as I’m writing it, but the places where I choose to invest my time, energy, creativity, and passion are the areas where there will be health and growth... the greenest grass.
This summer I will be considering the areas in my life where I’d like to see the grass become greener or continue to be green at all costs
The first and highest priority is my relationship with God, Sarah, and our kids and then extends to my parents, neighbours, friends, extended family, and very importantly to my roles and relationships within church, work, and community.
Challenge
Where is the grass greenest in your life?
Are there dry areas where watering is needed?
Sometimes we’re actually content watching the dry areas dry out more, but I’m learning that watering them is the best approach in the long run, a response that requires pushing our pride aside and reaching out first!
For the key relationships in our lives, are we willing to spend time with them, listen carefully to them, and really hear and respond with a change in behaviour?
Let us invest with intentionality in the places that God has set us and let us do it all for His glory!
May God bless you and yours this summer!
Vijay
Comments
Post a Comment