Kevin Lynn has built and managed MEI’s incredibly successful International Program at MEI Schools over the past 22 years. This program is sought after by groups from other countries and, as a result, has provided incredible opportunities for students to come to learn and grow at MEI including in their understanding of the “God who so loved the world...” (John 3:16). Following nearly a year of contemplation, Kevin has made the decision to retire from the position of “Manager - International Program” effective at the end of this school year.
Kevin is a trusted friend, colleague, and teammate and I wish him the very best in the season ahead. We will not, however, let him leave so easily. I have asked Kevin to continue for two more years in the role of “Recruiter and Consultant - International Program”.
Going forward, Mark Thiessen, Secondary Principal will give oversight to the program and perform tasks related to recruitment overseas as needed. Mark currently manages the MEI Missions and this new connection will allow for an even more intentional relationship between our International and Missions Programs. He will work closely with Brenda Hansum, Program Coordinator, who will in turn take on additional leadership responsibilities. Brenda and her team are very capable and have my full confidence to continue the good work that Kevin has led for these 22 years.
Please join me in thanking Kevin Lynn and let us all pray for a smooth transition over the coming years to a new leadership structure within the program and continued favour with our friends overseas.
From Kevin Lynn
“There is a time, a moment, a pause – when life calls one into a different direction. I believe that this moment has come for me and my family. Kaeko and I have decided that it’s time to move into that moment, into that pause… We will be returning to Japan this fall, so with Vijay’s support & blessing I have decided to retire from my position as the Manager of the International Program and accept a consultancy with MEI. The 22 years at MEI have been the best years of my life – it’s hard to leave, honestly it’s hard to leave, so I won’t, entirely leave, but I will be moving forward in a different capacity with the same desire and passion that has kept me here for 22 years. God is good, God is faithful!”

Comments
Post a Comment