Skip to main content

“But because You say so, I will…”



Friend,

Are you hearing Jesus’ voice? Is he calling you to do something that doesn’t make sense? Let us always respond as Simon did and trust the Lord for the results (see below): 

[We tried that already. It didn’t work the first time. I am exhausted because of this situation. This relationship is not working. I don’t feel like I’m having an impact. The challenge seems too big for me. I’m not sure if I’m doing it right. I don’t even want to do it...] 

...but because You say so, I will...

God bless you today!

Much love,

Vijay

“But because You say so...”

Luke 5:1-11

Jesus climbed into the boat of a fisherman named Simon and began to teach the word of God to the people on the shore. He then asked Simon to “put into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch” (v. 4). The men had already worked hard all night and failed to catch anything. Certainly exhausted from their work, it would not have made any sense to go out again for another attempt.

Simon’s response, however, was to obey Jesus: “But because You say so, I will let down the nets” (v. 5).

The fishermen “caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break” (v. 6), in fact the two boats attempting to pull in all the fish actually began to sink! Simon fell at Jesus’ knees and asked Jesus to go away from him because he was a sinful man. But Jesus didn’t go away, in fact, he gave Simon, James, and John this call: “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people” (v. 10).

They left everything and followed Jesus.

Comments