Skip to main content

Were you listening?

> English Bay, Vancouver in April 2018

The tragedy in Saskatchewan this month has caused many of us across Canada and beyond to pause, grieve, pray, and reflect. The agony of what happened is almost too difficult to process and there are many unanswered questions that remain and will likely remain until the day we can ask God ourselves.

I have learned through personal seasons of challenge and tragedy that through it all God is real, God is with us, and God cares. He has a purpose and a plan for our lives no matter how long or short they may be. If you have given your life to Jesus, the place in which you have been planted isn’t random or by chance, but by His design.

Although we can be tempted to view our lives as a monotony of repeating patterns, within the patterns and seasons of our lives God is there. For me personally, when I was given the opportunity to serve in various positions, God was with me. As my wife and I work together to establish our home and raise our family, God is leading. I haven’t faced challenges and struggles in my life alone because God was speaking.

One day we will, each one, stand before the King of Kings. I don’t think that He’ll be impressed with any accolades we may have received. He won’t need to do any reference checks. I certainly don’t think that He’ll be ‘wowed’ by the titles we held in any of the jobs we’ve done or will do.  Here’s what I think He’ll say to us: “It was me!.. I placed you there and had some really good ideas of the things you should do and how you should do them. I was whispering them to you. Were you listening?”

Prayer
Father, make us into a beacon of light in our community. That when people meet us, they encounter the truth, love, grace, and selflessness that Jesus displayed through His life, death, and resurrection. We want to hear your voice and respond with passion, purpose, and unity. We are listening...

Comments

Post a Comment