Skip to main content

Staffing Announcement


Guy Wilton has made the decision to resign from the position of Facilities and Transportation Operations Manager effective August, 2021. Guy has led this department into becoming a smooth-running system with many new procedures in place that help to make MEI Schools a stronger and more effective organization. Additionally, Guy has served faithfully as a member of the Senior Lead Team these past 5 years.

Guy is and will continue to be a trusted friend and colleague and I wish him and his family a wonderful transition to the new and exciting life awaiting them in B.C.’s northern interior (see Guy’s message below).

I’m thankful for Shawn Burkinshaw, Elementary Principal, who will step in to oversee the Facilities and Transportation operations this fall on an interim basis. Included in this oversight is working closely with the Assistant Manager of Facilities and the hiring of an Assistant Manager of Transportation to fill another vacated spot in our system.

Please join me in thanking Guy and wishing the Wilton family God’s richest blessings in the new adventure ahead!

From Guy Wilton, Facilities and Transportation Operations Manager
If there is one thing I have learned in my life is that when God determines something needs to go ahead you cannot stop it, and when God says it isn’t going ahead you cannot move it. And so it is that I find myself realizing that my original 10-year plan towards retirement has been accelerated into a 10-week plan towards the Cariboo. My wife has accepted a position with Interior Health, and our family will be moving to the 100 Mile House area later this summer. I could not have anticipated this move even a few short months ago and yet, as I have prayerfully considered God’s direction in my life and that of my family, it seems He has shone a “green light” (forgive the traffic analogy; it is the curse of the Transportation Manager) on every aspect of this latest adventure. I am simply along for the ride and enjoying the view.

As exciting as this all is for us, the reality that I am leaving MEI is bittersweet. In the past five years I have enjoyed terrific relationships with fellow staff, been privileged to manage the best group of people I could have asked for, and done my very best to put MEI in a good position going into the future. I will miss the coffee break conversations, the inspiring testimonies and, most importantly for all of us, the opportunity to serve as awesome God as Facilities and Transportation Operations Manager at MEI. But I leave with the full confidence that God has blessed both MEI and me abundantly, and will continue to do so. To Him be the glory!




Comments

  1. You will be missed. As you mentioned, God continues to bless us and we can trust Him to be faithful in our futures. Vaya con Dios.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment