Skip to main content

Be strong in the Lord!


“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” (‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:10)


I read the book of Ephesians this morning.
Wow.
My notes are included below.
I'll be meditating on these all week.

• He chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight
• I was dead in my transgressions and sins
• Because of his great love for me, God made me alive with Christ
• It is by grace I have been saved
• He himself is my peace
• I'm no longer a foreigner or stranger, but a fellow citizen with God's people
• The love of Christ is wide, long, high and deep - it is difficult to grasp
• He is able to do immeasurably more that what I could ask or even imagine
• I am called to be completely humble, gentle, patient, loving
• There is one body, one Spirit, one Lord, one baptism, one God and Father over all
• I am being equipped for works of service so the body of Christ may be built up
• I am to put off my old self and be made new in the attitude of my mind
• I am to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness
• Wholesome talk should come out my mouth that is helpful for building others up
• Kindness, compassion, forgiveness (just as Christ forgave me)
• Not even a hint of sexual immorality, impurity, greed, obscenity, foolish talk, coarse joking
• Thanksgiving!
• I was once darkness but now am light in the Lord
• Instead of getting drunk on alcohol, I should be filled with the Spirit
• This Spirit-filled life will result in psalms, hymns, songs from the Spirit
• Submit to one another
• I should love my wife as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
• He who loves his wife loves himself
• I am to obey my dad and honour him and the memory of my mom
• I have a responsibility to bring my children up in the training and instruction of the Lord
• Instead of pleasing people, I should serve wholeheartedly as if serving the Lord
• I am strong in the Lord
• I am to put on the full armour of God because our battle isn't against people
• Our battle is against the rulers, authorities, powers of this dark world
• Our battle is against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms
• I will stand firm and pray in the Spirit on all occasions

Comments